Thank you pages is important
Today we’re going to talk about why your website thank you pages are so incredibly important.
A ‘thank you page’ is the next message that someone sees when they have agreed to get more info from you, request a call back to set an appointment, or even purchase something from you.
They have pulled the trigger because they came to trust your company.
A simple success message on a form doesn’t cut it because:
- it’s not trackable.
- the message may not be seen.
- users expect to see a thank you page.
- it’s a low-quality experience and a bad first impression.
- it removes the many opportunities a thank you page provides.
A unique thank you page is the time to provide extra value or request any additional information that you may need to provide the best service possible.
Let’s detail why you need a unique thank you page for each service and page on your website.
A unique thank you page allows for:
- Conversion tracking – you must know what pages are converting and which ones aren’t.
Especially for ads! Don’t ever run ads without tracking their conversion rates. How would you know if they’re working or not and which ones to pour more money into?
The same goes for all of your sales and service pages! Conversion tracking is an absolute must!
- Provide messaging specific to the service or info they requested.
- Say thanks for requesting our [service or info].
- Restate the value they will receive.
- State that your team will call asap.
- Summarize what they will receive.
- Provide testimonials on that service.
- Call to action – instructions on what to do next.
- Download the PDF
- Check you email
- Complete this form
- Book a date on our calendar
Optional elements to include on a thank you page:
- A video on the topic
- Join your newsletter
- Join your referral program – earn rewards!
- Invite users to a webinar
- Offer a coupon
- Offer a one-time-only special
- Links to social media
- Social share buttons
- Survey users for valuable info
- Recommend additional resources
- Suggest a service
- Related information
It’s important to be sure to mark all of your ‘thank you pages’ as no-index, either in the advanced tab of the Yoast SEO plugin on that page or through your robots.txt file. Then check your sitemap to make sure they’re not showing in there.
You don’t want your thank you pages indexed and showing up in search results, where people might click on them and corrupt your conversion data.
Note that there also is the occasional oddball case where you might not want a thank you page.
For instance, we have a free local SEO guide on our blog and when you go there, a popup form will show up asking if you’d like our free local SEO checklist. If you say yes and enter your email, you will get a success message saying to check your inbox because I want to leave you on the free SEO guide to continue reading and you already just subscribed to our email list.
All of our other forms on the entire site redirect to a custom thank page.
So there is the rare occasion where a success message might apply, but this would be very rare for most service companies.
Thank you pages are required for proper conversion tracking, especially for your advertising, and they also create an opportunity to deliver content, solidify your reputation, grow email and referrals lists, educate, increase sales, and much more.
Take advantage of this guaranteed opportunity to enhance your reputation, educate consumers, and move prospects further along your sales funnel.