Get Keywords Into Customer Reviews
As of June 2021 – Google is changing the featured reviews it shows about your company.
A recent article by Whitespark revealed that Google seems to be rolling out a change that now shows customer reviews that include the exact or related keywords that the searcher used.
This showed up in over 80% of the listings they checked. So that’s more than a test.
For years now, the top SEO’s in the world have surmised that keywords in customer reviews are a ranking factor.
And now we can see Google is matching the review keywords with the searcher’s keywords.
Plus, back in 2019, Google added “Place Topics,” which are frequently used word bubbles taken from your reviews.
It pulls out the most common words used in reviews of your company. According to Google, you must have a “sufficient number of reviews” before it shows up.
So it’s obvious the WORDS your customers use when writing reviews play a role in Google’s ranking factors.
How do you encourage your customers to include keywords in their reviews?
You do so by using questions to suggest what the customer reviews.
In your review software, edit the emails asking for reviews to include questions like:
Can you do us a favor, please?
Feedback from our customers plays a vital role in maintaining quality control and discovering areas where we can improve.
Can you take a short minute to write a review about your experience with us?
Here are some questions that may help you craft a review:
- What service did we do for you?
- What city was the work done in? (This helps us in google)
- How satisfied are you with our service?
- Was the service friendly and clean?
- How did it compare to other similar services from other companies you’ve received in the past?
- Would you use our services again?
- Would you recommend us to others?
Implement those suggestions to get more of the important keywords to your business into your customer reviews.
Google dominates the world where your prospects are. Learn how Google works, and then create and implement strategies that will help you succeed there.
Alright, I hope that helped some of you. Thanks for sharing your time and attention with us today.
Good luck out there, and create a great day!
- Help Your Google Business Profile Generate More Leads - May 11, 2022
- Kill the one-call close before it kills you - February 9, 2022
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your Service Business for 2022 - January 5, 2022