Today we are going to talk about 10 benefits of using eBooks to market your home service business.
We’re talking about FREE eBooks that prospects can download from your website to learn more about a topic, product, or service before they want to speak with anyone about it.
Today, most people want to learn more about a product or service on their own before they call a company to discuss purchasing it.
So you create an eBook guide to that product or service and meet them where they are in their buyer’s journey.
In exchange, they provide you their email address to receive the eBook.
Then you have something like a 5 part email series that drips out to them and adds additional information that helps them go even deeper on the topic and their options and guides them to purchase it from you.
This is a two-part marketing campaign;
Part one is an eBook guide.
Part two is a follow-up email autoresponder series.
The benefits of this kind of campaign are:
- It can bring in highly qualified leads. An eBook can shows prospects you know what you’re talking about.
You’ve helped them understand the topic and their options, and you’ve shown them that you’re willing to put in the effort to help your customers.
- You can target your #1 best margin product or service to promote more of that type of business and customer.
- You will stand out from the crowd – most of your competitors probably have a blog, but how many provide an eBook on your topic?
You will position your company as an authority and as providing more value than your competitors.
You will establish superior credibility to prospects.
- It will help you build your email list and stay connected to these prospects.
And an active, engaged email list is a valuable asset, as discussed in episode #31.
- You can go more in-depth than you can with a blog post. If it needs to belong, an eBook can be longer and go into more detail.
- You probably already have most of the content from your FAQs, your blog, case studies, and your product or service brochures.
Turn it into an “Everything you need to know about…”
- You can extend your reach beyond your blog and social channels by offering the book on Amazon Kindle, ebooks.com, and others.
- They’re inexpensive to create. You can make it as simple or elaborate as you like.
You can hire it out and make a beautifully designed eBook, or you can keep it simple and just make it in Word or PowerPoint and save it as a PDF.
Hire a creator on Upwork or Fiverr to edit the content and create the eBook and add illustrations or infographics.
- You can promote your eBook on your website, email newsletter, social media channels, and eBook platforms like the Amazon Kindle.
- You can make a unique landing page for your eBooks and run traffic to it through low-cost social media ads.
As you can see, eBooks can be a very powerful marketing tool that gets prospects to know, like, and trust your company more than your competitors.
We’re in the process ourselves of creating one of these for a segment of our prospects, and we’ve also just started recommending this powerful tool to our clients.
Alright, I hope that helped some of you. Thanks for sharing your time and attention with us today.
Good luck out there, and create a great day!