Discussing Solar Marketing
You can also use these same concepts for any type of home service company.
- Use Inbound marketing – attract and nurture, and have leads come to you!
Your prospects are looking for info on solar leases, PPA, and purchases. Meet them where they are with great helpful information.
a) Create a separate SEO-optimized blog post or YouTube video for each solar financing method – PPA, lease, purchase, solar loan.
b) Create a free consumer guide to solar financing that compares each of these together – make this a lead. Magnet on every solar page – it requires an opt-in to your newsletter.
The guide can be in the form of an e-book, downloadable PDF, a private webpage, pre-recorded phone message, pre-recorded webinar, an email series, and more.
Put opt-ins on all of your solar pages for a lead magnet.
c) Create a multi-part email series that follows the guide up with more info about panels, inverters, racking, roofs, and more.
Put opt-ins on solar pages for a lead magnet.
d) Syndicate the blog content or videos in multiple mini-parts on your social channels – gain traffic & backlinks.
e) Create very low-cost social media ads and YouTube video ads to drive additional traffic to those same content pages and to gain backlinks.
f) Create a landing page that goes straight to the consumers guide lead magnet and email series autoresponder – run social ads to this page.
Hire a graphics designer
Create good, helpful content
- Develop a free solar needs or payback calculator available on your website. Then, drive ad traffic to that page.
Tools like these are very popular and can drive good traffic to your site.
Be sure also to optimize the page it’s on for search engines.
- Be a guest on local and industry podcasts – builds traffic, generates leads, grows links, branding, EAT – build authority to your name.
Search Google for podcasts in your local area and your industry. Listen to the ones that interest you. Then, if you like it, email them and let them know you like their podcast, especially (show evidence that you’ve listened), and you’d like to be a guest. Most are actively seeking qualifies guests.
- Start a podcast – for all the same reasons, bring on guests both local and in your industry. Again, focus on local, focus on helpful, informative content.
Wrap it up with a little.
- Guerrilla Marketing – Build a solar power system on a small trailer. Have the trailer wrapped beautifully with your brand and logo. Make it available for free at local farmer’s markets, fairs, and other events for free power. Add a smartphone plugin outlet station with multiple outlets.
Alright, I hope that helped some of you. Thanks for sharing your time and attention with us today.
Good luck out there, and create a great day!
- Help Your Google Business Profile Generate More Leads - May 11, 2022
- Kill the one-call close before it kills you - February 9, 2022
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your Service Business for 2022 - January 5, 2022